418A Diseases of the Five Senses in TCM
418A Disease of the Five Senses in TCM (14 hours or 1 credit)
This course is designed for students enrolled in TCM Practitioner program or TCM Herbalist Program. In this course, common diseases in the areas of Disease of the Five Senses in TCM will be discussed: Otitis media (acute, chronic), Sudden deafness; Meniere’s disease, Rhinitis(acute; chronic; atrophic; allergic, Nasosinusitis(acute; chronic); Nasal polyp; Nasal hemorrhage, Tonsillitis(acute; chronic); Pharyngitis(acute; chronic), Laryngitis(acute; chronic); Pharyngeal paraesthesia(Mei he qi). Diseases will be discussed in the sequences of their causes, pathology, syndromes, diagnosis, treatment plan, herbal formula selections and etc.
Students who successfully pass this course should be able to:
- Diagnose the most common diseases in Five Senses.
- Differentiate the syndromes under each disease.
- Lay out treatment plan for the diagnosed diseases.
- Select herbal formulas or other relevant modalities for the diagnosed diseases.
1. Diseases of Five Senses In TCM
See separate course prerequisite information sheet
See details provided by instructor
See instructor’s handout